March 20, 2010

Thomas the Train

Today I started sculpting Thomas the train tank engine out of sugar paste and I will be using this for a child's birthday cake.  The whole cake theme is thomas the train.
Also, I do not know if any of you seen on my website's home page about sugar sculptures.  Sugar sculptures are great for party cake toppers and for keeping it as a souvenir.  In fact I still have my wedding cake topper made out of sugar stored away for keepsake!  Most places sell a sugar sculpture for about $80.00 for one!  Yea, isn't that crazy?  I remember when I was shopping around before I started baking and decorating cakes for just one figurine it cost $100.00.  wow.  Well Sweets Galore offers majority of figurines for just $25.00.  Sugar sculptures are getting very popular now days....

No comments:

Post a Comment